Fellows of Senate
Adam Barrington Spencer
Mr Adam Spencer was first a Fellow of Senate elected by and from the postgraduate students of the University of Sydney for 3 years (three terms) from 1 December 1992 to 30 November 1995 and then an elected graduate Fellow for 8 years (two terms) from 1 December 2001 to 30 November 2009.
While graduate Fellow, Adam was a member of the following Senate committees:
- Ad Hoc Advisory committee for the selection of Chancellor (2007)
- Finance Committee (2003 – 2005)
- Nominations Committee (2006, 2008)
- Senate/Sports Liaison Committee (2004 – 2009)
- (former) Senate/SRC Liaison Committee (2002 – 2008)
- Senate/Student Associations Liaison Committee (2008 – 2009)
- (former) Senate/SUPRA Liaison Committee (2002 – 2008)
- (former) Student Academic Appeals Committee (2002 – 2008)
- (former) Student Appeals Committee (Exclusions and Re-admissions) (2002 – 2008)
- Selection Committee for the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Employee Relations) (2002)
As a graduate Fellow of Senate, Adam was a member of the Alumni Council from 2006 to 2009.
Adam gave occasional addresses at a number of the University’s graduation ceremonies and coaches the University of Sydney Women’s Soccer 4th Grade.
Fellow of Senate, 1992 - 1995, and 1 December 2001 - 30 November 2009
In 2006 Adam took up the hosts chair on the ABC 702 breakfast show. He was Triple J Breakfast Radio Host from 1998 to 2004, has provided comedy and commentary on ABC’s The Glasshouse, Good Newsweek, The Fat and Grandstand Sport, and was Host of The Quantum Science Show 1997-2000.
Adam is an Ambassador for Fred Hollows Foundation, and a Member of the NSW Premiers Advisory Panel on Global Warming and the NSW Health Department Clinical Ethics Advisory Panel. He was President of the University of Sydney Union in 1992, voted World’s Best Debater in 1996, and is Coach University of Sydney Women’s Soccer 4th Grade (Premiers 2005).