Faculty of Health Sciences - 30 years
The Faculty of Health Sciences celebrated its 30th Anniversary at the Cumberland Campus in Lidcombe on Saturday 31 October 2009.
Over 20,000 alumni, 5000 current students and the local communitywere welcomed back to campus for a fun-filled day of activities, including:
- Interactive health checks ranging from eye testing to accessing cardio fitness and muscle strength;
- Sporting demonstrations from Cumberland's Uni Games champions and the 'Rollers' Australian Men's National Basketball team;
- Networking reunion for alumni and health professionals opened by Vice Chancellor of the University of Sydney, Dr Michael Spence;
Study fair for prospective students;
- Entertainment with a live band and barbeque;
- Children's activities including face painting and jumping castles.
The Health Sciences Research Symposium provided a stimulating afternoon of bite-sized presentations from the Faculty's leading scientists exploring health issues ranging from the work life battle to the importance of children's play in tackling obesity.
Fellow of Senate the Honourable John Aquilina, MP made an official address as part of the opening ceremony, hosted by the Dean, Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn, to launch the festivities.
View the 30th Anniversary highlights film
Read the news item: Health Science Reunion draws crowds in Western Sydney
30th Anniversary Sydney Health
Read the 30th Anniversary edition of Sydney Health, September 2009, for alumni and friends of Cumberland Campus.