Terms of reference
- oversee the implementation of the University’s strategic plan
- account to Senate for the financial and academic viability and sustainability of the University
- protect and enhance the position and reputation of the University
- oversee performance monitoring and improvement, regulatory compliance and quality assurance processes
- maintain the University’s risk register and ensure appropriate risk mitigation within the context of the overall Risk Framework
- oversee the University’s curriculum, teaching, research and research training, in conjunction with the Academic Board
- oversee the University’s human resources management and capability planning
- review the University’s budget prior to its presentation for Senate approval
- prioritise digital and physical infrastructure projects
- oversee, in conjunction with the Academic Board, the programs of faculty reviews conducted jointly by the Curriculum Committee and the Academic Board
- review and approve SEG committee and divisional board recommendations regarding policies, procedures, programs and initiatives.
- negotiate compacts with divisions regarding their research and teaching excellence strategies.