Underpinning SEG’s decision making are committees and divisional boards that undertake detailed analysis and planning.
The committees focus on key University-wide themes, such as education and research training, finance and infrastructure, and curriculum and course planning.
Information about each committee is available through the left-hand menu.
The following principles apply to committee and divisional board operations:
- All committees and divisional boards are accountable to SEG, and thus to Senate.
- In their work, all committees and boards are expected to give consideration to matters relating to Indigenous and international strategy, staff and students regardless of whether they are specifically addressed in their terms of reference.
- Each committee will take care to ensure that, when an area of their deliberation touches on the remit of another committee, that committee is consulted.
- Committee and board members will consult widely in preparation for meetings, and committees and boards will give consideration to the communication of the outcomes of their deliberations to stakeholders.
- Committees may choose to revisit and refine their terms of reference, subject to SEG approval.
- If a divisional board is unable to reach an agreement regarding an issue, it may be referred to SEG for a binding decision.