Terms of reference
The Alumni, Development and Marketing Committee will:
- Develop for consideration by SEG the University’s strategies, policies and procedures in relation to marketing and student recruitment, development and alumni engagement.
- Develop, for SEG approval, an integrated University marketing and communications plan that encompasses all stakeholder groups, including prospective students, current students and staff, alumni and the general public.
- Ensure effective co-ordination of University, faculty and divisional strategies in these areas.
- Assess the effectiveness of strategies in these areas and advise SEG of initiatives that might be undertaken to improve performance.
- Monitor and oversee the University’s sponsorship activity to ensure return on investment.
- Develop a coordinated University-wide management framework for events and public programs.
- Review and evaluate major alumni relations activities, including maximising the benefits of our international alumni networks.
- Develop an integrated approach that facilitates alumni lifelong learning, loyalty and volunteer support.
- Provide advice and support in the development of a University-wide fundraising campaign.
- Make recommendations to SEG concerning requests to name physical assets, including buildings, chairs and other academic positions, scholarships and prizes, centres and institutions and foundations.
- Oversee and request relevant market research and other marketing assessments as required.
- Review and evaluate major marketing programs, including campus visits, events and open days.
- Develop strategies to build deeper engagement with academic leadership and donor communities.
- Monitor the concerns of the Alumni Council from time to time to ensure appropriate University response.
- One member of SEG (chair)
- One member appointed by each divisional board
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Strategic Management)
- Director, Alumni Relations and Events
- Director, Development
- Director, International Office
- Director, Marketing and Communications
- Director, Student Recruitment
- Two faculty marketing managers (nominated by the Marketing Operations Committee)
- General Counsel or nominee (in attendance)