Terms of reference
The Education Committee will:
- Encourage alignment between the faculties educational strategies and the University’s strategic plan.
- Develop strategies to improve learning and teaching pedagogies and monitor educational performance across the University.
- Provide advice to SEG on teaching enhancement strategies, including the development of teaching and learning compacts, and on other matters relating to teaching, learning and the student’s whole experience.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures to enhance the educational experience of students.
- Provide recommendations to SEG on funding requirements and allocations for teaching improvements.
- Provide recommendations to SEG Finance and Infrastructure Committee on physical and virtual teaching and learning needs and priorities.
- With the Academic Board, develop a program for the systematic review and development of education policies.
- Support curriculum renewal and oversee the cycle of regular faculty curriculum reviews.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Education (chair)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research (or nominee)
- Faculty Associate Deans, Learning and Teaching
- Chair, Academic Board (or nominee)
- Director of eLearning and Learning Space
- Director of Teaching and Learning
- A student nominated by the SRC
- A student nominated by SUPRA
- General Counsel or nominee (in attendance)