Terms of reference
The Education Committee will:
- Monitor educational performance across the University and develop strategies to improve learning and teaching pedagogies and outcomes.
- Provide advice to SEG on divisional teaching excellence strategies, including the development of divisional teaching and learning compacts, and on other matters relating to teaching, learning, the student experience and student administration.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures with respect to student services, student administration, and the co-curricular experience.
- Develop proposals to enhance the educational experience of students, focusing in particular on such areas as transition to University and the first-year experience.
- Design a framework for the allocation of teaching improvement funds.
- Advise SEG on physical and virtual teaching and learning needs and priorities.
- With the Academic Board, develop a program for the systematic review and development of education policies.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Education (chair)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research (or nominee)
- One member appointed by each divisional board
- Chair, Academic Board (or nominee)
- Director, Academic Affairs
- Director, Institute for Teaching and Learning
- Director, Student Lifecycle Management
- Director, Student Support Services
- A student nominated by the SRC
- A student nominated by SUPRA
- General Counsel or nominee (in attendance)