Underpinning SEG’s decision making are committees and divisional boards that undertake detailed analysis and planning.
The committees focus on key University-wide themes, such as education and research training, finance and infrastructure, and curriculum and course planning.
Information about each committee is available through the left-hand menu.
The following principles apply to committee and divisional board operations:
- All committees and divisional boards are accountable to SEG, and thus to Senate.
- In their work, all committees and boards are expected to give consideration to matters relating to Indigenous and international strategy, staff and students regardless of whether they are specifically addressed in their terms of reference.
- Each committee will take care to ensure that, when an area of their deliberation touches on the remit of another committee, that committee is consulted.
- Committee and board members will consult widely in preparation for meetings, and committees and boards will give consideration to the communication of the outcomes of their deliberations to stakeholders.
- Committees may choose to revisit and refine their terms of reference, subject to SEG approval.
- If a divisional board is unable to reach an agreement regarding an issue, it may be referred to SEG for a binding decision.
The University Secretariat provides executive and administrative support to SEG and its committees. SEG Committees and their respective committee officers are listed below.
|SEG Committee||Committee Officer|
|Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy and Services Committee||Sarah Hepworth|
|Alumni, Development and Marketing Committee||Tanya Gerrie|
|Australian Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology Board||Jacqueline Rule|
|Colleges Consultative Committee||Victoria Hayward|
|Cultural Resources Committee||Tanya Gerrie|
|Curriculum and Course Planning Committee||Megan Kemmis|
|Disability Action Plan Committee||Tanya Gerrie|
|Education Committee||Sarah Hepworth|
|Finance and Infrastructure Committee||Matthew Charet|
|Human Resources and Equity Committee||Tanya Gerrie|
|International Committee||Victoria Hayward|
|Research Committee||Matthew Charet|
|Research Training Committee||Victoria Hayward|
|Senior Executive Group||Jacqueline Rule|
|Strategic Priority Areas for Collaboration Committee||Tanya Gerrie|
|Work Health and Safety Committee||Victoria Hayward|