Terms of reference
The International Committee will:
- Develop, coordinate and monitor University-wide international strategies, policies, programs and priorities.
- Monitor international trends and opportunities in higher education and research, advising SEG and stakeholders on competitive responses.
- Advise on and focus the global positioning and international engagement of the University.
- Review and monitor international academic and business plans (University-wide, faculties, area studies and Centres), to build university-wide teamwork, leverage and impact.
- Advise on the development of international partnerships with peer universities, governments, industry, agencies, agents and alumni.
- Review the annual regional and country action plans, Sydney World, International Forum, Leadership and Scholars programs.
- Review the sourcing and efficacy of international intelligence and services for staff and students.
- Assist in strategies for innovation in internal internationalisation, for example in curriculum, degrees and student experience.
- Assess the quality and impact of the international media and communications program.
- Advise on resource development programs for attracting international people, grants, scholarships and fellowships.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, International (chair)
- One member appointed by each divisional board
- The director of each University-wide Area Studies Centre
- Director, International Development
- Director, Alumni Relations & Events
- Director, International Office
- One international student representative from SUPRA
- One international student representative from the SRC
- One representative from the Research Portfolio
- Chairs of Regional Expert Groups and Portfolio staff (as required)
- General Counsel or nominee (in attendance)