Terms of reference
The University Services Steering Committee will:
- Recommend a services delivery strategy and provide advice on its implementation and the ongoing operation of both central and distributed services.
- Provide advice in regard to University-wide strategies, policies and quality standards for services.
- Assess and advise on which services can best be provided centrally and which should most effectively be provided locally, and further which should work on an ‘owner-operator’ model and which as a ‘client- supplier’ model.
- Identify opportunities to extend the scope of services to capture greater efficiency and effectiveness benefits for the University, based on review of current and proposed services.
- Require and review reports on the strategic and operational issues facing core services.
- Hold directors of core University services accountable for their professional units’ ability to adapt to revised service delivery models while maintaining ongoing operations.
- Identify and oversee the quality assurance and strategic operational risks confronting both central and distributed service delivery.
- Consider and endorse annually the strategic service priorities for the PSUs, divisions and faculties.
- Provide advice and make recommendations regarding services reform.
- Request and receive regular reviews and reports from the Directors/CFO/CIO and Chairs of Divisional Boards in regard to service delivery.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Strategic Management) (chair)
- Chair of each division
- Chief Financial Officer
- Director, Human Resources
- Chief Information Officer
- Director, Campus Infrastructure Services
- General Counsel or nominee (in attendance)