Terms of reference
The terms of reference of the Senior Executive Group are as follows.
- Receive and consider significant proposals from central management, SEG committees and other sources relevant to the management and administration of the University as a whole.
- Make decisions and recommendations about matters of strategy, management, administration and related policies brought before it.
- Act as the principal forum through which central management can be advised about any issues of concern associated with the interface between the faculties and the central portfolios.
- Identify priority issues of strategy, management, administration & related policy that need to be addressed at an institution-wide level and bring these formally to the attention of central management.
- Establish committees to consider matters of detail arising from the issues before it and receive advice, recommendations and proposals from such committees.
- Consider ideas, proposals and suggestions relating to matters of strategy, management, administration and related policy emanating from individual faculties.
- Convey its decisions or recommendations to the Academic Board and the Senate through the Vice-Chancellor, and to staff and the wider public through appropriate forms of communication.