The latest news about the Sydney Southeast Asia Centre.
17 April, 2014
As Thailand remains locked in a political battle between red and yellow shirts, sometimes seen as a divide between Bangkok and the provinces, leading Thai and international researchers will meet in Australia to discuss the development and decay of Thailand's party politics and how politicians may be able to break through this impasse.
20 March, 2014
A University of Sydney project is helping farmers in Southeast Asia to become beekeepers.
13 February, 2014
University of Sydney students are among the first tranche of Australian students to be awarded the opportunity to travel to Asia under the Australian Government's New Colombo Plan - a major initiative to enhance knowledge of the Indo Pacific region, and strengthen our personal and institutional ties, through scholarship and internships.
2014 news releases
- Abbott's vision for Australia's relationship with Indonesia (06 February)
- Squandering our diplomatic savings (24 January)
2013 news releases
- Honouring Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (28 November)
- Presentation of Honorary Doctorate to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (27 November)
- The new reality of Australia-Indonesia relations (26 November)
- Bob Carr navigates Australia's relationship with China and the US on issues in Southeast Asia (25 November)
- Prime Minister launches Australia-Indonesia Centre (13 November)
- University of Sydney proud to honour Aung San Suu Kyi (05 November)
- Australia's best export market may be right on its doorstep: ASEAN (30 October)
- Professorial Fellowship for Senator Bob Carr (23 October)
- Postcard from Timor Leste (17 October)
- Experts discuss progress towards ASEAN goals (11 October)
- The politics of brinksmanship: Abbott heads to Indonesia (30 September)
- Reverse Colombo needs cash to match Asia ambitions - Groundwork must be done for the plan to succeed (18 September)
- Learning together in Timor-Leste (06 August)
- Postcard from Thailand: deconstructing urbanisation (11 July)