The latest news about the Sydney Southeast Asia Centre.
19 March, 2015
The Sydney Southeast Asia Centre at the University of Sydney is hosting 25 emerging female NGO leaders for a two-week course to help empower Indonesian women.
31 October, 2014
Graduation from university should be a joyful and exciting occasion. But for many young Indonesians it is an anxious time. Some 27 percent of university graduates join the ranks of the unemployed, a higher percentage than in any other group under the age of 24. And when they do get work, many end up in positions unrelated to their field of study.
12 September, 2014
This year marks 40 years of relations between Australia and the Association of Southeast Asia Nations (ASEAN). Today the Sydney Southeast Asia Centre hosted the 2014 ASEAN forum to celebrate the anniversary of Australia's engagement with ASEAN as their first official dialogue partner.
2014 news releases
- Long overdue rights for domestic workers (18 June)
- New Colombo Plan in action at the University of Sydney (16 May)
- Thai insights at Sydney University (17 April)
- Sydney scientists work on Plan Bee in Southeast Asia (20 March)
- University of Sydney students Singapore bound under new Colombo Plan (13 February)
- Abbott's vision for Australia's relationship with Indonesia (06 February)
- Squandering our diplomatic savings (24 January)
2013 news releases
- Honouring Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (28 November)
- Presentation of Honorary Doctorate to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (27 November)
- The new reality of Australia-Indonesia relations (26 November)
- Bob Carr navigates Australia's relationship with China and the US on issues in Southeast Asia (25 November)
- Prime Minister launches Australia-Indonesia Centre (13 November)
- University of Sydney proud to honour Aung San Suu Kyi (05 November)
- Australia's best export market may be right on its doorstep: ASEAN (30 October)
- Professorial Fellowship for Senator Bob Carr (23 October)
- Postcard from Timor Leste (17 October)