Enterprise Agreement 2009-12
The University of Sydney Enterprise Agreement 2009-2012 became effective on 23 November 2009 and its nominal expiry date is 31 May 2012.
This Enterprise Agreement (EA) is binding upon the University, the National Tertiary Education Industry Union and the Community and Public Sector Union, and covers academic, general and Centre for English Teaching (CET) staff who are employed in the classifications specified in Schedule 1 to the EA and whose annual remuneration is less than:
- 150% of the annual rate specified for Level E (for academic staff)
- 150% of the annual rate specified for HEO Level 10 (for general and CET staff)
The agreement does not cover:
- academic, general and CET staff who annual remuneration exceeds the above limits
- Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellors and Deans (irrespective of their remuneration level)
- Staff at Seymour Theatre Centre & Sydney Conservatorium of Music employed under Theatre Award classifications
For the purposes of the above remuneration limits, “annual remuneration” includes salary and all loadings (for example, clinical, professorial merit, market and annual leave loadings) but does not include employer superannuation contribution.
In addition, the agreement does not apply to staff who are covered by an Australian Workplace Agreement or Individual Transitional Employment Agreement (ITEA) while their AWA or ITEA is in operation.