Part M: Consultation
Management & staff consultative committee
Management & Staff Consultative Committee (M&SCC) will be convened to provide a forum for consultation between the University and the Unions on matters pertaining to the employment of staff including the matters listed in clause 312. In addition to the matters relevant to all staff, the M&SCC will address issues specifically relevant to Academic and General staff. A separate Consultative Committee will be convened under Schedule 5 to address CET specific issues.
The M&SCC will comprise:
- one staff representative nominated by the CPSU;
- three staff representatives nominated by the NTEU; and
- four management representatives.
University advisers and an official of each Union may also attend meetings of the M&SCC.
The University will provide reports to the M&SCC on:
- the University's strategic direction, including discussions, other than confidential discussions, on this issue held at Senate, the Academic Board and the Senior Executive Group;
- the University's budget, including any significant changes to the budget following its submission to the Finance Committee;
- gender equity statistics including average salary information (including base salary, loadings and allowances) for staff at each classification level;
- initiatives in relation to addressing pay equity issues; and
- environmental issues, including report proposed by or for the Emissions Reduction Working Group and other matters referred to in clause 315.
Issues to be examined by the M&SCC during the life of this Agreement will include:
- arrangements for staff to access affordable childcare;
- options to assist staff to access public transport, including examining the feasibility of advance purchase of annual public transport tickets;
- staff development including programs for training, secondments and other career development opportunities; and
- considering and making recommendations to the University in relation to the feasibility of becoming a signatory to the Tailloires Declaration on environmental sustainability in higher education.
The M&SCC will also:
- examine specific change management proposals where requested by a Union under clause 262;
- comply with the provisions of this Agreement in relation to the establishment of Review Committees, and for this purpose one staff representative will be appointed by and from the Union-nominated members of the M& SCC to arrange Review Committee appointments as required; and
- establish and maintain a list of mutually agreed arbitrators for the purposes of clause 322(c).
The University will provide secretariat support, and distribute the agenda and record minutes of meetings. Agenda items and supporting papers should be tabled through the secretariat at least four days before each meeting. The M&SCC will convene at least quarterly and may meet more frequently if required at the request of a Union or the University.