The Review Committees referred to in clauses 250, 253, 283 and 318 will be comprised as follows:
- a Chair appointed by the Vice-Chancellor from a panel of Chairs established in accordance with clause 327;
- a management nominee appointed by the Vice-Chancellor; and
- a staff nominee nominated by the designated Staff Representative of the M&SCC.
Within four weeks of the commencement of this Agreement, the University will establish a list of nominees to form a panel of Chairs of Review Committees. The list of nominees will be submitted to the M&SCC for approval, and in the event that any nominee is not approved, the University will submit alternate nominees for approval. For the purposes if this clause, “approval” of the panel means agreement by 75% of the members of the M&SCC. Chairs may be from within or outside the University. They will have relevant experience, be independent and command the confidence of management and staff. The Vice-Chancellor will be responsible for selecting a Chair from the panel, having regard to the requirements of this clause and the matter to be reviewed. If it is necessary to convene a Review Committee at any time before an approved panel is established, or if no suitable panel member is available to chair a particular Review Committee, the Vice-Chancellor will appoint a Chair to ensure that a Committee is convened in a timely manner in accordance with this Agreement.
The staff member and the relevant Delegate may be represented before the Review Committee by a person of their choice, provided that such Representative may not be a currently practising legal practitioner in private practice.
Each Review Committee will determine its own procedures, but in doing so:
- will provide the staff member (or their Representative) and the Delegated Officer’s representative with a reasonable opportunity to make submissions, present and challenge evidence in relation to the matter before the Review Committee;
- may conduct interviews with the staff member and other persons, and examine documents as it thinks fit;
- will ensure that the staff member (or their Representative) and the Delegated Officer’s representative have an opportunity to see and/or hear all evidence to be considered by the Review Committee and to ask questions of any persons interviewed by the Review Committee; and
- make its report available to the nominated person(s) as specified in the relevant clause of this Agreement within the prescribed timelines or such longer period as may be approved by the Delegated Officer (Staffing).