Schedule 5: English language teaching staff - Meal breaks and allowances
MEAL BREAKS AND ALLOWANCES
- Staff must not be required to work more than five hours without an unpaid meal break. Meal breaks must be at least 30 minutes and no more than one hour, except with the approval of the Supervisor. If a staff member is required to work any part of their meal break, the time worked will be paid at the ordinary rate of pay. Staff will not be required to work overtime beyond 6.00pm without an unpaid meal break of at least 30 minutes.
Staff who are required to work overtime or agree to vary their hours in accordance with clause 28 of this Schedule will be entitled to a meal break when they work for more than:
- two hours beyond their normal finishing time and after 6.00pm; or
- five hours on a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday; or
- one hour before the normal start time.
- Staff will be paid a meal allowance at the rate specified in Schedule 3 in respect of breaks taken in accordance with clause 33 of this Schedule. The allowance will be varied during the life of this Agreement in accordance with variations to the corresponding allowance in the New South Wales Public Service.