Schedule 5: English language teaching staff - Overtime
Requirement to work overtime
- The University may require a staff member to work reasonable overtime.
Overtime is work that is performed at the prior direction of an authorised Supervisor:
- outside the staff member’s ordinary span of work hours specified in clause 26 of this Schedule or where applicable, clause 28 of this Schedule;
- more than 35 hours in a week; or
- on a Saturday (other than work performed by agreement in accordance with clause 28 of this Schedule, Sunday or public holiday.
If possible, staff will be given at least 48 hours notice of overtime to be worked. A staff member who is not given 48 hours notice is not required to work overtime if they satisfy the University that they have a good reason for not being able to work overtime that day.
Overtime worked in accordance with clause 30 of this Schedule will be paid at the following rates:
- Monday to Saturday - one and a half times the staff member’s ordinary rate of pay for the first two hours worked, and double time thereafter;
- Sunday - double the ordinary rate of pay; and
- Public holidays - two and a half times the ordinary rate of pay.