Access, log in and support
Apply for access
Your level of access to Sydney Student will be determined by the tasks you perform. Most staff members will access a personal and online Sydney Student portal. A limited number of staff members will access the desktop application, known as the Sydney Student client.
To apply for access:
- complete the Sydney Student access form (doc)
- send your form to the Student Centre
Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, G02
F (02) 8627 8279
You can log in to your Sydney Student Staff Portal using your UniKey and password. You can also log in from the University’s Staff and Careers page. Approved staff members will access the Sydney Student client as a desktop application.
Requesting additional Sydney Student access
You can request additional e:vision access (or Client access) within Sydney Student. Following Sydney Student Release 2, which went live on 31 March 2014, there is a system within Sydney Student to facilitate additional system access.
This system has three 'tiers':
- Tier 1 staff can request additional e:vision access, or ask to have access to the Client. Tier 1 staff can send their access request within Sydney Student to a Tier 2 approver - please see the Quick Reference Guide available for Tier 1 staff.
- Tier 2 staff receive this access request, and can modify the request based on the Tier 1 staff member's job role. The Tier 2 staff member then forwards this request to the Student Centre.
- Tier 3 staff are members of the Student Centre System Support team, who can facilitate the Tier 1 staff member's system access based on input from the Tier 2 staff member.
When you start using Sydney Student you can: