Help and support

We know that issues surrounding allegations of misconduct can be stressful. If you need support either in lodging an allegation of misconduct or in preparing a response to an allegation of misconduct against you, there are staff in various University units who can advise you on the University’s policies and processes.

Your student organisation
You may find it valuable to follow the example of other students and first discuss your problem with a caseworker in your student organisation. Contact:

The SRC and SUPRA are run by students and their services are provided free to students. The staff in these organisations are trained professionals. They are not employed by the University but by the student body, who have been elected (by students) to run their organisation. The SRC and SUPRA have caseworkers who are very knowledgeable about the University’s regulations and responsibilities and very experienced in supporting students during formal and informal meetings with University decision-makers.

The Student Affairs Unit
In addition to the help you can get from your student organisation, you can contact the Student Affairs Unit

The Student Affairs Unit is responsible for handling all reports of student misconduct, but staff in the Unit will be happy to have a preliminary discussion with you, to help you work out how you wish to proceed, either making an allegation of misconduct or in contesting an allegation of misconduct made against you.