Skip to main content


In some circumstances you may need to claim a refund for your fees.  



You may be entitled to a refund in situations such as:

  • if you’re a domestic student and you have withdrawn from a unit of study before the relevant census date
  • if you’re an international postgraduate research student and you submit your thesis before the census date for a research period you have already paid for
  • if you’re an international coursework student and have an overpayment in your account.

If you are eligible, you will receive a refund provided that:

  • the refund complies with all University policies and procedures
  • all relevant applications (such as leave or withdrawal requests) are submitted by the closing dates
  • your Student Financial Statement (available in Sydney Student) shows that you have a credit balance.

How to apply

If your account is in credit you can request a refund in Sydney Student (go to ‘My finance’, ‘Your finances’, ‘Continue’, then ‘Request refund’).

All relevant information needs to be provided to us before the end of the semester. If not, your credit will automatically roll over and be put toward your next semester fees (where applicable).

If you paid by Visa or MasterCard and incurred a 0.8 percent surcharge, your payment will be fully refunded, including the surcharge. If you are receiving a partial refund of a payment, the surcharge component will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.  

Student Centre

Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, Darlington Campus
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Last updated: 11 August 2017


Tell us if there is anything wrong with this page

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

This is for feedback on the website only. If you need help or advice with anything else please contact the Student Centre.