Skip to main content

Transcripts and academic records

Academic transcript

An academic transcript is a formal record of your studies at the University.

It includes all units of study (attempted and completed) and your grade for each unit. If you have been enrolled in more than one course, it lists all courses and all units studied at the University. It is not possible to separate degrees.

You’ll receive an official academic transcript when you graduate, but you can also purchase one (with your qualifications so far) at any point during your studies.

See our guide to grades page for information on how your final result will appear on your transcript.

What can I use it for?

Your official transcript can be used to demonstrate your qualifications or progress in your course so far. You might use it when applying for a job or to support applications for scholarships or further study.

It is also recognised by professional associations and government departments. For any documents to be recognised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) they will first need to be signed by an authorised staff member at the Student Centre.

How to order a transcript

You can purchase an academic transcript over the counter at our Student Centre. Make sure you bring photo ID.

If you can’t attend in person you can fill out and submit a Request for academic transcript form (pdf, 645.3KB) and we will send you your transcript by post.


  • $15 for one copy
  • $20 for two copies
  • $10 for each additional copy

By proxy

If you cannot obtain a transcript yourself, you can arrange for someone else to collect it on your behalf. You will need to fill out a transcript proxy authorisation form (pdf, 581.7KB).

Order your transcript

Download PDF

Transcript proxy authorisation

Download PDF

Student Centre

Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, Darlington Campus
Opening Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Last updated: 27 February 2017


Tell us if there is anything wrong with this page

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

This is for feedback on the website only. If you need help or advice with anything else please contact the Student Centre.