Using Our Online System
We have developed the following guide to help you access our online system. Here you will find step-by-step instructions for how to begin the registration process, make a new service request, update or cancel a service request, and upload documents.
- How do I begin the registration process with Disability Services?
- What if I am already registered with Disability Services?
- How do I upload documents?
- How do I make a new Service Request
- How do I check on or update a Service Request
- How do I cancel a Service Request
- Further assistance
1. When accessing our services online, click on the ‘Student request to register’ link. Your details will have been added from the University’s Student Administration system. You may update the fields ‘Preferred name’ and ‘Personal email’.
2. Details of disabilities diagnosed by your health practitioner and listed in your Supporting documentation should be entered in the ‘Disability details’ section. To update this section:
- Enter the diagnosis in the ‘Diagnosis’ field.
- Select a disability (Vision, Hearing, Psychological, Neurological, Medical, Physical or Learning) from the ‘Type’ field.
- Select the year diagnosed for the ‘Year diagnosed’ field. Your health practitioner would have provided these details on the Supporting Documentation form.
- If you need to add another disability, click ‘Add another disability’ and repeat the previous steps.
Please note: if your health practitioner has not yet filled out the Supporting Documentation Form, you can provide this form at your initial registration appointment.
3. If your health practitioner has already filled out your Supporting Documentation Form, you can upload it. If you have not been provided with an electronic format of the documentation, scan the document to your computer, then click on Browse and locate the file. Then click on the link to upload the document. You can see this process in detail in the section about uploading documents.
If you need to upload an additional Supporting Documentation form for an additional disability, click ‘Upload another document’ and repeat the previous steps.
4. We would appreciate it if you would let us know who referred you to us. Select the applicable check boxes in the ‘Referred by’ section. You may select as many boxes as you wish.
Please note, to complete your registration you must acknowledge the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information form. If you have any questions about this requirement, please contact Disability Services. You must also acknowledge that you need to book an appointment with a Disability Services Officer as well as acknowledge that the information you have provide is correct and up to date. Only acknowledge the Disability Information form if you consent to this form.
If you’re already registered with Disability Services your details will have been pre-loaded into the new system. Use your UniKey to log in and check your details.
Under the 'Reminder' section on your profile page, read and acknowledge the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information form required for registration with Disability Services. Also read and acknowledge the Disability Information form if you consent to this form. Please also check your disability information in MyUni. To access this information login to the MyUni portal and select the ‘MyAdmin’ tab and click on ‘Demographic and disability information’. Please note that you do not have to update this information to remain registered with Disability Services. Updating your information on MyUni is voluntary.
1. From the ‘My profile’ screen, click on the ‘Documents’ tab.
2. Click on the link to upload a document.
3. Click on ‘Browse’ to upload the document from your computer or storage device. Then:
- Click on the ‘Category’ dropdown list to choose the type of document you are uploading
- Provide a description for the document in the ‘Description’ box. (eg. Smith_John_Med_Doc_1st January 2011)
- Check that the details entered are correct and click the ‘Upload’ button.
4. You will then be returned to your ‘My profile’ screen, and the ‘documentation uploaded’ message will appear. Your document will appear in the list on the ‘Documents’ tab of your profile.
1. On the ‘My profile’ screen, select ‘Add new service request’ from the ‘TOOLS’ menu.
2. Click on a service from the ‘My eligible services’ list.
3. Select the check boxes relevant to this service request and update the ‘Unit of study coordinator’ field if required.
4. Provide additional information if required in the text field provided.
5. If you have a document that is relevant to the request, add it once the above steps are completed. If you would like more detailed instructions on uploading a document, see the section on uploading documents.
6. To complete the service request, click on ‘Submit’. You will now be able to view updates, add information or edit the service request, or if it is no longer required, you can cancel it.
1. From the ‘My profile’ screen, select ‘View service requests’ from the ‘TOOLS’ menu.
2. Here you can view the status of all your service requests:
- ‘Pending’ means the request has not been actioned
- ‘Assigned’ means that the request has been allocated to a staff member who will be responsible for responding to the request
- ‘Completed’ means that the request has been fulfilled
- ‘Closed’ means that the request has been completed or cancelled
3. Clicking on ‘Show me more’ will display a summary of the request. Clicking on the number and name of the service request will open that service request file. This will show you the current status of your request and any details the staff member working on it would like you to know.
There may be updates within a service request, including links to downloadable files relevant to the request.
If you need to add or edit information within the request, type the additional information into the ‘New update box’ and click ‘Submit’. If you would like to include a document, see the section on uploading documents.
1. If you no longer need a service request, cancel it in the ‘New update’ window. From the ‘My profile’ window, select ‘View service requests’ from the ‘TOOLS’ menu.
2. Click on the number and name of the service request to open that service request file.
3. To complete the cancellation:
- Include details of the cancellation in the ‘New update’ box (optional)
- Select the ‘Cancel’ check box (required)
- Click ‘Submit update’ (required)
- In your list of service requests, the status of this request will now be displayed as ‘Closed’.
If this guide does not address your queries about the online system, please contact Disability Services.
If you are experiencing log in problems, please visit ICT’s troubleshooting page or contact the ICT Helpdesk directly.