Workshop and Lecture Notes Semester 2
On this page you will find the lecture notes associated with the Mathematics Learning Centre's lectures and workshops for Semester 2 2015.
Please see the Resources page for additional mathematics resources and the Publications page for Mathematics Learning Centre publications.
Mathematics for Business
These notes may be useful for students studying economics and business.
- Revising algebra skills
- Basic concepts in probability and Sigma notation
- Working with quadratic, exponential and
- Introduction to Calculus
- See also our more comprehensive differential calculus notes on our publications page.
Mathematics modules for Masters of Economics students
Matrix algebra modules
These matrix modules have been designed for you to work through, so get the most out of them, you need to do the examples for yourself.
- Module 1: An introduction to matrices
- Module 2: Addition, subtraction and scalar multiplication
- Module 3: Matrix multiplication
- Module 4: The inverse matrix
- Module 5: Determinants
- Module 6: Properties of determinants
- Module 7: Solving systems of linear equations using the inverse
- Module 8: Using matrix algebra in linear regression
Matrix algebra files for MATH1014
- Module 1: Elementary row operations
- Module 2: Using elementary row operations to solve a system of equations
- Module 3: The inverse matrix
- Module 4: Finding the inverse of a matrix