Fee-HELP is a student loan scheme offered by the Commonwealth Government and available to eligible undergraduate and postgraduate full fee paying students who are:

  • Australian citizens;
  • holders of permanent resident humanitarian visas; and
  • permanent visa holders who are undertaking a unit of study that is part of a bridging course for overseas-trained professionals

If you are already:

  • using FEE-HELP in your current degree, simply select "FEE-HELP" as your payment method when applying online
  • have changed degrees,
  • are applying for FEE-HELP for the first time, or
  • are an external student

Then you will need to complete a Commonwealth Assistance Form either online at the time of your application, or at the Summer School office. You need to bring your Tax File Number with you. Alternatively, please phone us to have a form sent to you (but note, your application will be cancelled if the completed form is not returned by the payment deadline).

There is no application for a Fee-Help loan. However there is a 25% loan fee for Fee-HELP loans for undergraduate courses of study. The loan fee is included in your Fee-Help debt, but does not count towards your Fee-Help limit.

For further information please refer to the Student Centre website

Fee-HELP census dates

Fee-HELP students must withdraw from a unit of study in Summer School before the relevant census date to avoid incurring a Fee-HELP debt.

FEE-HELP booklet

2013 FEE-HELP booklet

2013 FEE-HELP booklet (PDF 2.6MB)