Variation of enrolment

Summer & Winter School students may vary their enrolment by:

  • withdrawing from a unit of study
  • transferring from one unit into another

Summer School students may also vary their enrolment by:

  • adding a second unit of study

Submitting a variation

You can vary your enrolment online at My Summer Study.

If you are adding a unit or transferring to a unit with a higher fee, you may pay online with a credit card at the time of variation.

If you are withdrawing from a unit or transferring to a unit with a lower fee, you may request a refund online at the time of variation or you can send an email indicating you wish to withdraw. You cannot withdraw over the phone.

Please note the dates and conditions of the Refund Policy. Tuition fees cannot be refunded after the Census date.

Please note the online application system will not allow you to vary your enrolment if there is a timetable clash. timetable clash.

Please note: if the subject you are transferring into is fully enrolled, you will be placed on a waitlist.

You should continue to check My Summer Study to ensure that your application for a variation of enrolment has been fully processed, or to act on any requests that are posted there for your attention.

Academic penalties

Withdrawing from a Summer or Winter School subject after class has commenced may incur the following academic penalties:

  • DNF (Discontinued Not Failed) for withdrawal after the census date and in the first 50% of class time;
  • DF (Discontinued Failed) for withdrawal after 50% of class time has elapsed;
  • AF (Absent Fail) for non-attendance either at the examination or failure to complete the required assessment. You cannot withdraw after the last class.