Beaches of the Australian coast
|Titles in this Series|
- Beaches of the New South Wales coast - 2nd edition now available!!
- Beaches of the Queensland Coast
- Beaches of the South Australian Coast and Kangaroo Island
- Beaches of the Victorian Coast and Port Phillip Bay
- Beaches of the Western Australian Coast: Eucla to Roebuck Bay
- Beaches of the Tasmanian Coast and Islands
- Beaches of the Northern Australian Coast: the Kimberleys, Northern Territory and Cape York
- Buy the Set - Beaches of the Australian Coast
Author: Dr. Andrew Short
These seven books provide information on every one of Australia’s 10,685 mainland beaches, as well as 838 beaches on 30 inhabited islands, together with maps of all popular beaches and photographs of hundreds of beaches right around the coast. They tell you where the beach is, how accessible it is, what it is like and if it is suitable for surfing, as well as providing a beach hazard rating for swimmers. Besides describing every single beach each book provides a background to the coast of each State – it evolution and geology, climate, oceanography including waves and tides, coastal vegetation and beach conditions and surf, as well as an assessment of physical beach hazards. The seven books represent the most comprehensive coverage of the coast of any nation.
Each book contains:
- general index
- beach index
- surfing index
Find your favourite beach - or that hidden gem.