Details, Terms & Conditions of Sydney Ideas 2014 Audience Survey Giveaway
Part A - Prize Giveaway
Part A sets out the details of the Giveaway. The terms and conditions applicable to the Giveaway are set out in Part B.
Sydney Ideas Survey 2014 Competition - Win 1 x iPad Air 16GB.
How to enter
1. Complete an audience survey
2. Pitch a topic and/or a speaker you would like to see in the future Sydney Ideas program (max 100 words please)
3. Add your name and email at the end of the survey
4. Only one registration of interest per student or staff member
There is one prize. One successful applicant will be chosen based on the originality of the pitch and will receive one iPad Air 16GB. Pitch should be no longer than 100 words and should be included in the online survey, or the paper survey, collected at the end of events.
The competition commences on Monday 22 September and entries must be submitted to the Promoter (i.e. Sydney Ideas) no later than 5pm, Friday 31st October.
Who may enter
Entry is open to the general public other than staff or relatives of staff of the Promoter (i.e. Sydney Ideas).
Maximum number of entries per individual entrant
One entry per person.
Judging process and criteria
Entries will be judged by staff of Sydney Ideas based on the originality of the pitch.
Winner will be notified no later than Monday 17 November. Sydney Ideas will notify the winner via the email address provided by him / her when completing the Sydney Ideas 2014 Survey.
Claiming the prize
Arrangements will be made with the winner for delivery of the iPad Air 16GB by post or courier.
If there is no response from the successful winner by Monday 1 December, the prize will be awarded to the next best valid entry.
Part B – Terms & Conditions for Sydney Ideas Prize Giveaway
1. These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the game of skill described in Part A (the “Giveaway”).
2. The Giveaway will be conducted by The University of Sydney (ABN 15 211 513 464 and CRICOS Number 00026A) (the “Promoter”) during the period specified in Part A (the “Giveaway Period”).
3. The Terms may be amended or replaced by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and at any time.
4. Entry into the Giveaway is deemed acceptance of the Terms (as amended from time to time).
5. Entry is open only to residents of Australia who comply with any entry restrictions specified in these Terms.
6. To enter the Giveaway, entrants must, during the Giveaway Period, follow the entry method and instructions specified in Part A.
7. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Giveaway Period. Entrants may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in Part A. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and if the Giveaway requires the submission of a creative work, each entry by the same entrant must be unique and original. If an entrant submits multiple entries in excess of the permitted maximum, only the entry or entries most recently submitted (up to the permitted maximum) will be accepted by the Promoter.
8. If entrants are invited to answer a question, send in comments, photos and/or videos (or other multimedia) as part of their entry, each entry must be an original work by the entrant and the entrant must have obtained the permission from all persons appearing in photos/videos and property owners to enter this Giveaway in accordance with the Terms. Each entrant warrants that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter or other persons will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
9. Each entrant is responsible for notifying the Promoter of any changes to his/her residential address, email address or phone number during and after the Giveaway Period.
10. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Giveaway, including the selection of successful entries, is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Unless otherwise specified in Part A, successful registrations will be notified by email within 2 business days after the judging date. Each entrant consents to the Promoter publishing details of a successful entrant on its website.
12. Unless otherwise specified in Part A, prize must be claimed by the date specified in Section A. If a prize is not claimed within the specified time, the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next best valid entry or entries.
13. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prize or any element of the prize cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s.
14. Any expense, including taxes, spare parts, maintenance or delivery costs, associated with accepting, taking or using a prize, will be the prize winner’s sole responsibility.
15. The Promoter makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any giveaway and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any giveaway, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded by the Promoter, the liability of the Promoter is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
16. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent a successful registrant from accepting, taking or using a prize.
17. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify:
a) any entry which is not original, is not completed in accordance with these Terms, infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party, contains any objectionable or poor quality content, or has the potential to damage the reputation of any person; or
b) any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms, or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to, or is likely to, adversely affect the fair and proper conduct of the Giveaway or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the prize to cancel or vary a Giveaway. If the Promoter cancels or varies a Giveaway, is not:
a) liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
b) required to conduct the Giveaway at any other time.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incorrectly submitted or misdirected entries, for any technological malfunction or failure, Internet traffic congestion, or for outdated or incorrect contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on relevant dates.
20. Entrants enter the Giveaway at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not be liable for, and an entrant releases the Promoter from, liabilities relating to any direct or indirect loss or damage which is suffered, or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained, as a result of entering the Giveaway, failing to win, winning, accepting or using a prize.
22. This Giveaway is held as a gratuitous lottery under the Lotteries and Art Unions Act 1901 No 34, and therefore no permit is required.