Sydney Ideas Survey
Sydney Ideas Survey 2012 Competition – win a new iPod nano!
How to enter
Complete an audience survey and include a creative response to the question ‘What new 'idea' did you enjoy learning about at Sydney Ideas in 2012?’ Submissions should be no longer than 100 words and should be included in the online survey, or the paper survey, collected at the end of events.
There is one prize. The prize winner will be awarded a new iPod nano with Multi-Touch.
The competition commences on Tuesday 06 November and entries must be submitted to the Promoter no later than 5pm on Friday 14 December.
Who may enter
Entry is open to the general public other than staff, or relatives of staff, of the Promoter’s Sydney Ideas, Alumni and Events Office.
Maximum number of entries per individual entrant
One entry per person
Entries will be judged by staff of Sydney Ideas, Alumni and Events Office Judging criteria Originality and creativity Judging date Monday 17 December 2012 Prize winner notification Winners will be notified by email
Claiming the prize
Arrangements will be made with the winner for delivery of the ipod nano by post or courier
1. The terms and conditions (“Terms”) applicable to the game of skill described in Part A (the “Competition”) are contained in Part A and in Part B. The Terms in Part A will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency with Part B.
2. The Competition will be conducted by The University of Sydney (ABN 15 211 513 464 and CRICOS Number 00026A) (the “Promoter”) during the period specified in Part A (the “Competition Period”).
3. The Terms may be amended or replaced by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and at any time.
4. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms (as amended from time to time).
5. To enter the Competition, entrants must, during the Competition Period, follow the entry method and instructions specified in Part A.
6. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entrants may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in Part A. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and if the Competition requires the submission of a creative work, each entry by the same entrant must be unique and original. If an entrant submits multiple entries in excess of the permitted maximum, only the entry or entries most recently submitted (up to the permitted maximum) will be accepted by the Promoter.
7. If entrants are invited to answer a question, send in comments, photos and/or videos (or other multimedia) as part of their entry, each entry must be an original work by the entrant and the entrant must have obtained the permission from all persons appearing in photos/videos and property owners to enter this competition in accordance with the Terms. Each entrant warrants that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter or other persons will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
8. Each entrant is responsible for notifying the Promoter of any changes to his/her residential address, email address or phone number during and after the Competition Period.
9. The Competition is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner/s and each validly submitted entry will be individually judged by representatives of the Promoter as specified in Part A, on the basis of originality and creativity, and according to any other criteria specified or adopted by the Promoter.
10. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition, including the selection of winning entries, is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Unless otherwise specified in Part A, winners will be notified by phone and/or email within 2 business days after the judging date. Each entrant consents to the Promoter publishing details of a winner or winning entry on its website.
12. Unless otherwise specified in Part A, prizes must be claimed within 1 month of the judging date. If a prize is event-based or contains perishable goods, the prizes will be forfeited in full if not claimed by their expiry date. If a prize is not claimed within the specified time, the Promoter may, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or award the prize to the next best valid entry or entries.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prizes or any element of the prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s. The contents of the prizes will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
14. If the prize includes vouchers or tickets, the prize is valid until the expiry date specified on the voucher or ticket (or its provider), and subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider. Such prizes cannot be redeemed for further vouchers or tickets, and are not exchangeable for cash.
15. If a prize involves the winner or winning entry participating in an event, if any part of the event is postponed, cancelled or varied for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the winner forfeits all rights to participate in the relevant event and no cash or alternative prize will be substituted for that element of the prize.
16. Any expense, including taxes, spare parts, maintenance or delivery costs, associated with accepting, taking or using a prize, will be the prize winner’s sole responsibility.
17. The Promoter makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded by the Promoter, the liability of the Promoter is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
18. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent a winner from accepting, taking or using a prize.
19. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify:
a) any entry which is not original, is not completed in accordance with these Terms, infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party, contains any objectionable or poor quality content, or has the potential to damage the reputation of any person; or
b) any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms, or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to, or is likely to, adversely affect the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the prizes to cancel or vary a competition, or cancel, vary or withdraw its prizes. If the Promoter cancels or varies a competition, or cancels, varies or withdraws its prizes, is not:
a) liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
b) required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incorrectly submitted or misdirected entries, for any technological malfunction or failure, Internet traffic congestion, or for outdated or incorrect contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on relevant dates.
22. Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not be liable for, and an entrant releases the Promoter from, liabilities relating to any direct or indirect loss or damage which is suffered, or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained, as a result of entering the Competition, failing to win, winning, accepting or using a prize.