Analytical and Testing Laboratory (ATL)
Analytical testing and R&D in the fields of engineering, mining, biomolecular science, pharmaceuticals and more
Analytical consulting and expertise capability
Analytical and Testing Laboratory (ATL) provides a wide range of laboratory services to help customers run their business. Expertise includes extensive analytical testing, quality control, problem solving, trouble-shooting, trace analysis plus research and development support for a wide range of applications including chemical engineering, environmental engineering, mining, biochemical engineering, veterinary pharmaceutical manufacture and more.
- Mastersizer S: Malvern Mastersizer S laser diffraction system can characterise particle size from 0.05 micron up to 900 micron. This technique has broad application in environmental, pharmaceutical, mineral, food testing, etc.
- DSC: Differential scanning calorimeter. For the analysis of thermal properties (such as glass transition temperature, melting points) of polymers, food, etc.
- IC: Ion chromatography. Used for anions and cations analysis. One of the best instruments for low level anion analysis.
- ICP-OES: Inductively coupled plasma. Metal elements analysis.
- TGA-MS: Thermal gravimetric analyzer-mass spectrometer. For the analysis of thermal properties (such as decomposition temperature, reaction temperature) of materials including polymers, food and catalysts.
- Spray dryer; Crystallization; FT-IR; HPLC-MS.
ATL's services include non-routine testing, routine testing, contract research, and industry method development. ATL can provide a competitively priced service with a rapid turnaround.
- Laser particle distribution analysis (laser diffraction technique). Measurement range: 0.05 micron to 900 micron.
- Nano particle distribution analysis (dynamic light scattering technique). Measurement range: 3 nanometer to 3 micron.
- XRD particle size distribution analysis.
- Nitrogen adsorption particle characterization (surface area, pore size distribution, pore volume, etc).
- Differential scanning calorimeter (DSC). Measurements for melting points, heats of reaction, glass transition, heat capacity and purity determination.
- Cations and anions analysis in water and/or waste water with Ion Chromatography (IC).
- ICP-OES for elements analysis.
- AAS elements analysis.
- Viscosity and other rheology.
- Total organic carbon analysis.
Through the Sydney University network, ATL has access to a huge pool of information and expertise from many disciplines.
Current and past clients
- Valspa Australia
- Bayer CropScience
- Novogen Laboratory
- NSW Police Department
- Sydney Water Corporation
- Australian Geography Survey
- Energy Development Limited
- Johnson and Johnson Research
- International Animal Health Products