Why use UPMS?
The University is characterised by decentralised decision making whereby each department can choose their own suppliers, software and equipment. However, UPMS has distinct advantages over other suppliers:
- Ensures compliance to University standards and legal requirements.
- Reduction of costs to the University as payment is by internal journal transfer and the payment of external supplier invoices entails unnecessary administration for University departments.
- Auditable retail sales mechanism to satisfy University financial reporting and other obligations (eg GST) regarding sale of University publications including student notes.
- Auditable and timely transfer of Student Notes sales revenue and reimbursements to departments
- Provides security printing services in regards to payslips, examinations and group certificates.
- UPMS provides a 'one stop shop' for all departmental printing requirements.