Why use UPS
The University is characterised by decentralised decision making whereby each Department can choose their own suppliers, software and equipment. However, UPS has distinct advantages over other suppliers:
- Any surpluses are retained by the University
- Value-adding to the products at no extra cost to the department eg currently there is no charge for scanning, cleaning documents at the scanning stage, free advice
- Ensures compliance to University standards and legal requirements
- Reduction of costs to the University as payment is by internal journal transfer and the payment of external supplier invoices entails unnecessary administration for University departments
- Auditable retail sales mechanism to satisfy University financial reporting and other obligations (eg GST) regarding sale of University publications including student notes.
- Auditable and timely transfer of Student Notes sales revenue and reimbursements to departments
- Pick up and delivery service
- Provides security printing services in regards to payslips, examinations and group certificates.
- UPS provides a ‘one stop shop’ for all departmental printing requirements