Envelope size guide
|Format||Dimension (mm)||Suitable for|
|DL||110 x 220||DL flyers (99 x 210 mm), A5 folded once, A4 folded into thirds|
|DLX||120 x 235||Mail out, fits more documents than a DL size|
|C6||114 x 162||A6, A5 folded one, A4 folded in half twice|
|C5||162 x 229||A5, A4 folded once|
|C4||229 x 324||A4 unfolded, A3 folded once|
|C3||324 x 458||A3 unfolded|
|An envelope that opens on the short edge.||An envelope that opens on the long edge.|
- Lick and Stick: Requires moisture to close.
- Peel and Seal: Remove plastic strip, fold over and press to close.
- Self Seal: Pre-gummed bottom flap for ease of closure, no moisture required, no plastic strip
- Non-Secretive: Plain paper, the envelope could be see-through.
- Secretive: The paper has a printed internal pattern that prevents it from being see-through.
- Plain face: No windows.
- Window face: Has a clear window on the front. Recommended for mail merge.
Due to increased automation in mailing processing, Australia Post applies limits on the size and shape of articles that qualify for the standard postal size. Australia Post provides a free letter gauge that indicates if articles fall into the standard category. Non standard envelopes will incur additional charges. For rules and regulations regarding postage please refer to: www.austpost.com.au