USIMS High School Work Experience Program
PLEASE NOTE that applications for work experience placements can’t be considered for time periods outside the designated program.
2014 Work Experience Program
This year's High school students work experience program will take place between Monday 17th November and Friday 21st November.
Selection will be on a competitive basis and only 10 students will be selected. Successful applicants will be advised at the beginning of September.
Applications for the 2014 program are now closed - successful applicants will be notified in due course.
- Demonstrations by various marine geosciences and biological science groups showing the current research being conducted including laboratory tours
- Seminars on marine science topics
- Participation in some ongoing research
Field Assistance in Education Programs such as:
- Visit the Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS) at Chowder Bay
- Rock pool surveys
- Snorkelling field work
- Boat trips
- Marine data collection activities
Careers / Facilities / Administration:
- Workshop career opportunities with an advisor
- Tour the University’s museums and library exhibitions
- Write about your experiences at the University of Sydney for the USIMS newsletter
- Maintain and develop displays for the centre
Laboratory / Aquarium Maintenance:
- Cleaning of the laboratory area
- Maintenance of tanks and laboratory equipment
- Feeding marine organisms
University of Sydney Institute of Marine Science (USIMS)
School of Geosciences
Madsen Building (F05)
Sydney NSW 2006