Enrolment & Re-enrolment
The first thing to do if you have received an offer to study with us is to accept it, as outlined in your letter of offer.
If you have done this already, go to our Enrolments site, which will take you though the enrolment process step by step.
Faculty Information you may require for Enrolment
The census date in each semester is the date by which any administrative matters must be finalised. The census dates are 31 March for the February semester and 31 August for the July semester.
For more information on census dates, please access the Important dates.
Transfer of Candidature
If you are enrolled in a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma and wish to transfer your candidature, you can do so by requesting an Application to Transfer Candidature form from program staff and submitting your completed form to the Learner Support Coordinator by 31 August of each academic year, by:
Fax: +61 2 9351 3056
Postgraduate Coursework - ABMgt or Animal Science Program
Room 305 JD Stewart Building
Faculty of Veterinary Science
University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia
Credit for Previous Study
A candidate who, before admission to candidature, has spent time in graduate study and, within the previous three years, has completed coursework considered by the dean to be equivalent to units of study prescribed for the course, may receive credit of up to:
- 6 credit points of the requirements of the Graduate Certificate in ABMgt;
- 9 credit points of the requirements of the Graduate Diploma in ABMgt; or
- 12 credit points of the requirements of the Masters in ABMgt from within the articulated ABMgt program.
How to Apply for Credit for Previous Study
- Submit your application form for the postgraduate coursework program.
- Include certified copies of your academic transcripts (if you do not have these you can still lodge your application and forward them at a later date).
- Include a letter, written by yourself, stating that you would like advanced standing for the subjects you have already done at the other university.
- Include the following information about the courses you have studied:
- Detailed course outlines including subject descriptions, methods of teaching and assessment, reading lists, number of hours of teaching, etc.
- The academic level of the units studied (e.g. First Year, Second Year).
- An explanation of the grading system used at your institution.
- Information on the total units of study requirement (i.e. how many credit points are required) for the completion of the degree you were taking at the other university.
Assistance completing your online Enrolment
If you need help to complete the 3-step online enrolment process please contact the enrolment team.
- In Australia: 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
- Outside Australia: +61 2 8627 1444
We're available between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Friday.
Contact us using our online form