Selection criteria for admission to program
Application to the program is not automatic and is based on merit according to the following factors:
- Grade point average (GPA) or Weighted Average Mean Average (WAM) of veterinary degree (essential).
- Honours mark (or equivalent) (desirable).
- ‘Accepted’ or published papers in Web of Knowledge listed journals or respected open access on-line journals (not essential, but desirable).
- Presentations/abstracts at national and international veterinary conferences (not essential, but desirable).
- Other esteem factors e.g. awards, veterinary positions held since graduation (not essential, but desirable).
- Two referees’ reports.
Applications will be ranked (in the same manner as for all USYD applicants applying for Australian Postgraduate Awards) within each of the disciplines seeking residents at that time.
The highest ranked applicants within each of the disciplines seeking residents at that time, will be requested to attend an interview with the Faculty Academics that oversee this program. Final selection will be made after the interview.