What is FEE-HELP?

FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that was established on 1 January 2005 to aid eligible fee-paying students in paying part or all of their tuition fees. The deferred payment arrangements for postgraduate fee-paying students that existed under PELS still apply, but will now exist under this new loan scheme.

Please Note: FEE-HELP assistance does NOT cover voluntary subscriptions, including University of Sydney Union or SUPRA fees.

The Government pays the amount of the loan directly to the student's higher education provider. Students repay their loan through the tax system once their income is above the minimum threshold for compulsory repayment ($36,184 for the 2005-6 income year).

Where can I find further information on FEE-HELP?

For more comprehensive information on FEE-HELP, please visit HECS and Domestic Fees.