Finding Somewhere to Live

The University Accommodation Office

They can help you find somewhere appropriate to live, should you need accommodation when you come to the University of Sydney. There are a number of choices and only you can decide what is best for you, but the Accommodation Office can offer you advice about what is available.

Choices may include on- and off-campus halls of residence, colleges, student hostels and house-shares. The Accommodation Office have an online database, which once you are registered with the University and have a Unikey username and password, you can use to search for accommodation. A link to a street directory is also provided so you can see where the available places are!

  • Accommodation Office website at or
  • Visit Accommodation Office in person:
    Room 726, Level 7 - Education Building A35, Manning Road (beside Manning House), Camperdown Campus.
    Accommodation Office opens from 10am – 4pm, Mon-Fri, closed for an hour every lunch time.
    Contact details:
    Ph: (02) 9351-3312 or

International Students

There is also a separate section on the website for international students as they recognise it can be difficult moving a long distance and setting up a new life:

In addition to the information on the accommodation office’s website, there is the International Student Support Unit, which can also help with arranging off campus accommodation as well as providing other support networks:

In Camden

If you are looking for accommodation at Camden, then you should contact Mrs Bernice Joudgalvis at the Camden Properties Office.
Contact details:
Ph (02) 9351 1662
Email: .
Visit in person:
Properties Office is located in Nepean Lodge (C05), Camden.
(Address: C05 - Nepean Hall, The University of Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia)