History of the Dairy Research Foundation
Awareness that the dairy industry in Australia in the "fifties" lagged far behind its counterparts in Europe and the USA led the recently appointed Professor of Animal Husbandry, T.J.Robinson, to establish the Dairy Husbandry Research Foundation in 1959.
Jack Ferguson, Chairman of the NSW Milk Board gave Professor Robinson invaluable encouragement and support in the establishment of the Foundation.
Generous financial assistance from the Australian Dairy Produce Board and from a high proportion of the major dairying companies allowed the construction of the Dairy Research Unit at the University Farms at Camden.
At present the Dairy Research Foundation is being sponsored by subscriptions from a very broad array of agribusinesses, farmers and Institutions including:
- Rowan Moore, Dairy farmer
- Bill Inglis, Dairy farmer
- Leppington Pastoral Company
- NSW Milk Marketing
- National Foods Ltd
- Dairy Connect Ltd
- United Dairies Pty Limited
- Bega Co-Op Society