Feed Milling & Pelleting Facility
This facility is a fully automated micro-mill for feed manufacturing. The feed shed houses a range of equipment used to process and pellet feed ingredients for use in our experiments.
- Milling: Cracker and hammer mill
- Batching: Micro ingredient and macro ingredient accurate batching facility
- Mixing: 300kg horizontal paddle mixer and 1500kg vertical screw mixer
- Pelleting: 65-110ºC conditioning temperatures, variable steam pressure, conditioner residence time variable from 7-30 seconds. Cold pelleting options.
- Cooler and fines extraction
- Effect of particle size and manufacturing conditions e.g. temperature, on feed quality
- Recovery of heat labile micro ingredients for QA/QC and regulatory purposes
- Manufacturing of experimental feed (mash or pellets) as required
- Minimum batch size for pelleting: 50-70kg
- Maximum pelleting rate: 1 Tonne/hr