Free Range Facility
This purpose built facility is a small-scale representation of a commercial free-range (Australian standard) layer or broiler shed. It consists of 16 x (6sq.m) pens, each with it's own external enclosed range (18sq.m). Pens can be fitted with nesting boxes, roosting perches, and environmental enrichment devices if required.
Total capacity = 16 pens of up to 50 birds; 800 birds.
- Nutritional evaluation of feed ingredients and feed additives
- Effect of range access on nutrition, behaviour and performance
- Feed intake, weight gain and feed conversion ratio
- Immunological and physiological assessment of diet ingredients and additives
- Disease challenge and vaccination efficacy studies
- Evaluation of diet quality and feed processing effects
- Egg production and quality