Disorders by Breed - Akita
- The LIDA catalogue reports congenital and hereditary disorders found in pure-bred dogs as well as common conditions thought to have genetic origins because their frequency is higher than expected in certain breeds.
- The inherited disorders listed on the web-site were sourced from the Online Mendelian Inheritance of Animals database.
- New disorders are reported with regularity and while LIDA attempts to keep up-to-date with such reports it cannot guarantee that its content is complete and current.
- The importance of disorders described in the LIDA catalogue varies in terms of frequency and severity.
- Users of LIDA are strongly encouraged to take professional advice before using LIDA data to make breeding or purchasing plans.
Organ System Involved
- Gastric dilatation volvulus syndrome
- Gastric torsion
- Glycogen Storage Disease I
- Intestinal malabsorption
- Acute moist dermatitis
- Granulomatous sebaceous adenitis
- Pemphigus foliaceous
- Sebaceous adenitis
- Hip Dysplasia
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Osteochondrosis dissecans
- Umbilical hernia
- Behavioral abnormalities
- Cataract with microphthalmia
- Corneal Dystrophy
- Eversion of nictitating membrane
- Eye abnormality
- Lysosomal Storage Disease
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA) (X-linked)
- Retinal dysplasia
- Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada-like syndrome