Virtual Microscopy: Flexible e-Learning Platform to Support Learning & Assessment
February, 19th 2009
Virtual Microscopy: Flexible e-Learning Platform to Support Learning & Assessment (pdf)
Presented by: Dr Jan Slapeta, A/Prof Mark Krockenberger and Dr Jacqui Norris.
SlideBox: Toxoplasma gondii tachyzoites in broncholaveolar lavage (BAL) fluid
- Introduction to Virtual Microscopy.
- Presentation to the Faculty of Veterinary Science.
Essential Requirements for Successful Deployment of Virtual Microscopy
- Effective image distribution to multiple users (up to 100 concurrent users of a single file)
- Effective storage and organisation of image files, by linking appropriate metadata, to facilitate accessibility by staff and students.
- Student support and contextual relevance.
Digital Slide Box (SlidePath Ltd) has selected for implementation across the Faculty of Veterinary Science via ICT support.