SAVES (Sydney After-hours Veterinary Emergency Service)
24 hour Emergency Service - PH: 9351 3437
The Sydney After-hours Emergency Service operates within the Veterinary Teaching Hospital at Sydney University, Parramatta Rd, Camperdown. The car park entrance is 500 metres down from the main Ross St intersection.
Our emergency service operates from 7pm through to 8am Monday to Friday and 24 hours throughout the weekend and Public Holidays. We will, of course see emergencies during normal business hours as well.
As it is an emergency service there is no appointment schedule. We respond to, and treat, cases based on our assessment of most urgent need. However, it does assist us if you call ahead.
After calling, please make your way to the main entrance of our hospital and ring the bell. The car park and entrance are well lit. Doors are locked for security purposes after hours. Our qualified staff will greet you and make a preliminary assessment of your animal’s welfare. If you are in need of transport, you can arrange for the collection of your pet through one of the existing animal ambulance services. For security reasons staff are unable to leave the hospital even to assist with removal of an animal from a car.
It is our policy that all animals seen at SAVES are returned to your regular vet at the earliest convenience. We will contact your vet by fax, phone or email the following morning.
Things You Need to Know
Initial Consult Fee
- $218.90 inc GST 6pm to Midnight Mon – Fri
- $218.90 inc GST 12am – 8am Mon – Fri
- $218.90 inc GST Weekends & Public Holidays
- You will be seen in order of assessed urgency and not arrival order.
- On arrival you will be required to complete essential paperwork.
- You will be advised of any proposed treatment and costs.
- Prior to treatment commencing you must be able to pay 50% of the initial estimated cost at the time of presentation and the balance on discharge of the patient.
- GE Care Credit is available, though funds are not guaranteed.
- Pets will be returned to their primary care vet wherever possible. If you do not have a primary care vet, referral to one of our veterinarians or specialists can be arranged.