Fuji Synapse Remote Access
Minimal System Requirements
The Fuji Synapse PACS client can be used from any computer with Internet access although operation of the software is dependant on several factors.
It is recommend the following minimum configuration:
The Fuji Synapse software operates on the Microsoft
Windows® platform, with MS Internet Explorer®.
As a minimum requirement:
- Pentium III processor @ 500MHz or faster;
- High Speed video card that supports at least 1024x768 in 32bit color;
- High resolution monitor with at least 1024x768 at 32bit color;
- MS Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro but not VISTA or Windows 7;
- Windows 95 and 98 are capable but not recommended;
- Macintosh and other type of operating systems are not supported;
- MS Internet Explorer 5.5, 6 or 7. Operation with other Internet browsers is not supported at this time.
- A broadband (high speed) connection of at least 512kbs such as wireless Internet, cable or DSL.
- We strongly recommend against using a 56K POTS (telephone) connection.
Install the VPN Client
- Click to download & run the vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.05.0290-k9 file, then follow the prompt all the way by accepting the licence agreement.
- Start Windows Notepad application > then Open file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in Notepad -> Paste following two lines -> Insert 10 character spaces, using keyboard's space bar between an IP address and the name.
->Save the file.
Install Synapse Workstation & Image Saving Utility
- Click to download & run:
the SynapseWorkstation.msi for Sydney and/or
the SynapseWorkstation.msi for Camden
-> The installation completes with a Synapse icon on the desktop.
- Click to download & run the InstalerJMSyapse.exe file, then follow the prompt by click Start -> OK -> select English ->OK.
Testing the Connection
- Click Start -> Programs -> CISCO Systems VPN Client -> VPN Client -> then Connect icon -> enter your UniKey & Password -> OK -> It succeeds with a golden locker icon on Windows tasking bar.
- Click the Synapse short-cut on your desktop and enter your LogID & Password for Fuji Synapse.
- Sometimes you may want to right click on Image, chose AON Factor and select a lossy compressed image format eg. Clinical or Reference to speed up the image transfer. However this might not be sufficient for independent diagnosis on patient exams.