Events, talks & activities
The University of Sydney is a university for the people of Sydney and beyond. We contribute to our local, national and international community life through a wide range of public programs and events, lectures and courses in and around Sydney.
An online calendar lists the events across the University. Most of these events are open to the public and we invite you to participate.
- Sydney Ideas is our premier public lecture series program that offers access to the leading thinkers from Sydney, Australia and the world. The program covers the latest research and thinking on a diverse range of areas including environment, religion, politics and health.
- Tours of our historic campus provide an opportunity to learn more about the origins of the University as well as some of the inspiring people who have worked and studied here.
- Our museums and art galleries house a diverse collection of art, photography and ethnographic material, including the largest collection of antiquities in the southern hemisphere.
- Regular music and drama performances are held at the Seymour Centre and the Conservatorium of Music, with weekly performances and concerts at the Conservatorium during semester. The public is also invited to join us for public recitals of the Great Hall Organ and the Carillon.
- There are three sport and fitness centres on the campus including squash, tennis and basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. The landscaped University grounds are also open to the public and an ideal setting for a walk.