MANUAL HANDLING - SAFE WORK METHOD STATEMENTS
- Safe Work Method Statements can offer an effective method of communicating agreed work practices to all staff in a work group.
- The statement is designed to be developed only after a full risk assessment has been completed and all reasonable risk control measures put into place.
- Consultation with the work group is a vital component to developing the most effective, safe work methods.
- Safe Work Method Statement form (PDF format)
- Safe Work Method Statement form (word format)
- Example of a completed University Safe Work Method Statement;
FMO Security Attendants - Handling of Dry Ice (PDF format)