Nominated Treating Doctor
The "nominated treating doctor" is the doctor nominated by the injured staff member to manage their injury and assist them in their return to work. They will:
- recommend treatment
- write initial and ongoing WorkCover medical certificates
- inform the University, insurer and rehabilitation provider (if involved) about the current health condition and progress of the staff member
- review the staff member’s condition regularly
- assist the insurer to develop an injury management plan
- advise the University, insurer and rehabilitation provider about suitable work
- complete a WorkCover medical certificate to advise the University of any work restrictions that may be needed.
A staff member must notify the insurer of their intention to change nominated treating doctors prior to doing so and discuss their reasons.