Workers' compensation staff
The workers compensation staff within the Injury Management Services team are responsible for:
- providing information to staff members about their entitlements under the Workers Compensation Act 1987 (NSW) and the Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998 (NSW)
- processing reports of work related injury and illness for the University's workers' compensation insurer
- assisting with completion of claim forms if required
- receiving, recording and forwarding to the insurer the following: medical certificates, treating practitioner accounts and reports, receipts, leave and/or record of hours worked forms relating to time lost, and records of any other expenses incurred
- communicating with the following parties regarding claim status: staff member, the University's insurer, Manager- Injury Management Services and relevant work areas/units
- calculation and processing of time lost and preparation of reimbursement schedules to recover wages from insurer.