Duty of Care Checklist for Affiliates
- Familiarise yourself with the University’s OHS Policy and your personal responsibility as for work health and safety.
- Engage in safe work practices, taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions. Cooperate with the University to ensure compliance with work health and safety legislation.
- Report all incidents and injuries, and hazards or issues of concern.
- Seek information or advice where necessary, particularly before carrying out new or unfamiliar work.
- Participate in discussion about the management of work health and safety risks that may affect you.
- Follow University policies and procedures with respect to work health and safety.
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear and protective equipment for the work being done and properly use relevant safety devices.
- Do not wilfully place at risk the health, safety or wellbeing of others or misuse safety equipment.
- Familiarise yourself with local emergency procedures and cooperate with directions from emergency wardens.