You are a University worker if you perform any work for or on behalf of the University. Workers include:

  • Employees
  • Contractors
  • Higher degree by research students
  • Students undertaking research work during their honours year
  • Students participating in work-integrated learning
  • Volunteers.

What do you need to do?

  • Take reasonable care for your own safety
  • Comply with reasonable instructions
  • Adopt and use safe work procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment and clothing when required
  • Familiarise yourself with relevant policies, procedures and University safety standards relating
  • Report and hazards, injuries and incidents to your supervisor
  • Participate in safety and wellbeing training and discussion
  • Cooperate with safety inspections, audits and investigations
  • Respond appropriately to emergencies.