STUDENT SAFETY TIPS
إرشادات لسلامة الطلاب
학생 안전 수칙
KIAT KEAMANAN BAGI SISWA
LỜI KHUYÊN AN TOÀN DÀNH CHO SINH VIÊN
- Take responsibility for your own actions and don't put yourself or others at risk of injury or illness.
- When walking around the University watch out for traffic, use designated road crossings and don't be distracted by your mobile phone, iPod, iPhone or other mobile device.
- Avoid isolated areas, use preferred pedestrian routes and familiarise yourself with Help Points (emergency telephones) at your campus. These are shown on the University Guide Maps.
- Don’t come to University if you are sick. If you become unwell while at the University use good cough etiquette, wash your hands frequently and seek medical attention.
- If you have a medical condition that could impact on your health or safety while at the University, please disclose this confidentially to relevant staff members. This will allow appropriate precautions to be taken to prevent an injury or illness. In some cases, specific first aid requirements may need to be planned for.
- Some areas of the University pose specific risks to health and safety eg laboratories, workshops. These are signposted and should not be entered unless you have been inducted to the area or are supervised by relevant staff.
- Follow local safety rules, established safe work practices and reasonable directions given by supervisory staff. Ask questions if you’re not sure about the safety aspects of proposed activities.
- Be prepared to act independently in an emergency, warn others who may be in danger and report emergencies to Security by calling 9351 3333. If a building alarm is sounding, leave via the closest safe exit.
- If you are a local student and feel stressed or just need some support, contact the University Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) for free and confidential assistance on 8627 8433 or 8627 8437.
- Report incidents, hazards and other safety concerns to relevant local staff, Security on 9351 3487 or the Workplace Health & Safety Services on 9351 4335.
- Attend lecture streams only as timetabled to avoid overcrowding of lecture theatres.